It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:14 am

Cumbria meet

Find out where and when your monthly area socal meet is here!

Re: Cumbria meet

Postby d5ayn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:39 pm

1st wed of Everyone month?
Dayne Smith

Membership Secretary - NW015
North West 4x4 Response
Membership@nw4x4response.co.uk
d5ayn
New Forum Member

Callsign: NW015

Postby RangeyMark » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi Dayne
First let me thank you for all of your hard work on the membership database etc, a thankless task I am sure.

Could you please clarify Items 3 & 4
Item 3, I partially understand, but would ask for Code rather than NI number.
Item 4, as we are not employees, why do we need to prove our right to work??

Also where will this sensitive personal data be stored, how is it secured, who is responsible for ensuring its security and liable if that security is breached?

Not trying to be a pain, but feel these are valid considerations if we are requesting information that could allow someone to clone/steal an identity.
Mark Markwick NW078
Assistant Training Officer (Northern)
WA - 20/5/2017: FA - 1/6/2017: WFR - 30/9/2017
mark.markwick@gmail.com
07815 874010
RangeyMark
Responder

Callsign: NW078

Postby d5ayn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi Mark,

Yes Thank you, these are very valid points you have raised so I'm going to copy them to the new post I created for all the membership questions.

3/Firstly I only asked people to bring there NI as I'm sure some members of the group won't have done this before and will need help. For those of you that have done it before or already know how to Obtain a driving licence check code is perfectly fine and is exactly what I want. Laptops will be available for members to use at the social with there NI if they want to do this onsite instead of before hand. Documentation will be provided for this

4/Even tho we are only volunteers and not employed we are still required to check documentation for the right to work in the UK. Documation is provided for this

All data will be encrypted and stored in the cloud, documentation will be avaliable for this. Only commitee members privy to this information will have access and no information will be shared or sold. It is for the intended purpose of due diligence only.

Hope this helps

Dayne
Dayne Smith

Membership Secretary - NW015
North West 4x4 Response
Membership@nw4x4response.co.uk
d5ayn
New Forum Member

Callsign: NW015

Previous

Return to Social Meetings